Sunday, December 27, 2009

Happy Holidays were had... despite the blizzards best efforts....




So we got dumped on this Christmas. The evening of the 23rd, Jordon got home at 10. It was coming down pretty good and we were hoping we could make it to his mom's the next morning for Christmas Eve. Luckily it cleared for most of Christmas Eve morning and early afternoon and we did make it to our Larchwood family Christmas. Later the interstates shut down and there was white out conditions that whole night and into the next day (Christmas). The plows weren't even doing the roads to Alvord and there was several feet of snow....

It was looking like there was no way we were going to make it to my parents until my Uncle proposed our Christmas miracle.. We knew the state highway had been cleared so we could make it half way to Alvord... My Uncle Lance then offered to plow a 7 mile long gravel road, and then the 3 miles back to town so we could get to my parent's house. A drive that usually only takes 10 minutes took us an hour... but dang if we didn't make it (Lance and his tractor leading the way). The best part was when we got to the Alvord corner and the Hallelujah chorus came on the radio. It was a Christmas miracle!!! We made it home and got to open gifts/have supper with my family.

Christmas wasn't all glorious though... Kristin and Mary didn't get to come home which I was super bummed about. Also, my parent's family cat that I love has been very sick and my mom thinks he has FIP. He had a seizure in front of all of us Christmas night and my sisters were really shaken up. Everyone was crying and it was aweful. He is one of the loviest and friendliest cats I have ever known and it is really hard to see him this way. There was nothing we could do either because there were no vets open...or roads to take him in. He is still in pretty bad shape today. I have a bad feeling he is going to have to get put down. Nothing merry about that :0 (



Despite horrible weather, the absence of my friends, and the ill health of a beloved pet... I am thankful I at least got to see my family. This Christmas certainly will be one I don't soon forget.... I imagine someday **BaBy** will hear all about the great Christmas Blizzard of '09. :0 ) Please say a prayer for our kitty, Chester, if you get the chance. he is a magnificent orange main coon and will be very much missed should we not be able to get him well :0 ( Its been a bad year with cats for our family. Makes me really miss Abner... even if he was only friendly to a few people. Sure loved that little guy. Chester may sadly soon be keeping him company at the Rainbow Bridge. Its always hard to see a loved one like this... even if it is a kitty.


- A <3

No comments:

Post a Comment