Saturday, December 12, 2009

Almost 5 weeks.... Whats going on.....

So what weird things made sense after I found out I was pregnant...?

Smell:
The oddest and most unexpected symptom of pregnancy is that I can smell absolutely everything. Apparently, a heightened sense of smell is common in the first few weeks of pregnancy. I'm not sure I like this as most smells that have become heightened are not pleasant ones... I started noticing this about a week before I found out I was pregnant and was really weirded out.

Dizziness:
I would stand up and feel a little dizzy all the time... makes sense now...

Exhaustion/ short of breath:
I would walk up the stairs and wow...! It was like I had just ran a quarter mile.

Crampiness:
Apparently this is common too, but it scared me at first because I was worried it meant I was miscarrying or something bad was happening.

So... the books I got have helped a lot in making feel more calm about everything. Its weird... I am almost 25, but I really did not know anything about what to expect being pregnant except the horror stories of morning sickness and extreme crabbiness. So far I feel pretty good.... of course these symptoms often don't develop until around 6-8 weeks.... I am just going to pray I am one of the lucky ones....

I woke up this morning very crampy and tired, but overall not too bad. I am so excited to be done with classes next week. I will still be working on an independent study project through January and hopefully getting my photography webpage launched, but I sense this is going to be an overall low key pregnancy which is great. Me and my anxiety really don't need any extra things to worry about right now. The timing really could not have been more perfect. :0 )

No comments:

Post a Comment