Monday, November 1, 2010

October 2010

October was a pretty quiet month because I stayed pretty busy doing family portraits for people. I surprisingly only had 1 wedding this October, but that was great because it allowed me to enjoy time with Jordon and Nieva. The first weekend of November Jordon and I took a weekend trip to Minneapolis and Nieva went to the women's retreat at my Mom & Dad's Ranch. Mom volunteered, but somehow poor Dad got stuck with our (I don't like)sleeping beauty. We went to Valley Scare and Renaissance Fest. I also did a shoot while I was up there which was fun. The park we shot at was beautiful and it was such a nice day. I missed my baby girl horribly and was so glad to see her when we got home. The following week I had a LOT of family shoots and wedding. That weekend Becca came up and we went to the Apple Orchard for Pumpkin festival. We took lots of pictures of Nieva and topped off the trip with some caramel covered apples. We also had a couch surfer from Oxford that entire weekend.

That Monday was Jordon and I's 2 year anniversary. We spent it with nieva. Back to the apple orchard we went so Jordon could partake in the fun. We went apple picking and showed Nieva the animals in the petting zoo. After that we headed to the mall. Jordon got a new coat that he loves and I got a great pair of knee high brown leather boots. For supper we went to Minerva's. All went pretty well until Nieva decided to pee all down herself while I was changing her. All we had for a spare was Jammies so Nieva spent her first evening in a fancy restaurant in her jammies lol. Luckily though she didn't make a peep and it went pretty well. The remainder of that week was spent editing. The third week in October I was very busy again with shoots all week. That Thursday we had a great couch surfer from Ohio. Since she was in to the arts also we had lots to talk about. We all went with Michelle, Derek, and Niki to see Ben Kweller in Brookings and got autograhs after the show and pics. Was pretty cool. That weekend was our baby girl's shower. Jordon and I sing "The Prayer". We took lots of adorable pictures and spent the day with family.

The following week I was sick all week :0 ( Guess the first part of the month wore us out because Nieva was sick too. The following friday I thought i was better only to wake up to 102.8 temp at 3am sat morning. Turned out to be mastitis from Nursing. I had a temp and flt icky all weekend and regretfully had to miss Lana's shower and one of the last days at my grandmothers house. I am sad to think of it. I have so many amazing memories from my childhood there. It just doesn't seem right or real, but I hope my grandparents find something amazing and are really happy. I was bummed to have missed Halloween festivities being sick, but sill had the energy to dress up Nieva in her proncess costume. Jordon and I couldn't stop smiling. She really is our little princess. Wish everyone could have seen it.

-A <3

No comments:

Post a Comment