Monday, November 1, 2010

Nieva's 1st Halloween 10 Weeks Old

Nieva's First Halloween Weekend was pretty uneventful as her and I were both sick the entire week before. Saturday morning I was running a fever of 102.8!! I finally gave in Sunday when fever was still sittin at 101 that morning. Case of mastitis it turns out- a common infection that can cause fevers in nursing mothers I guess. Glad I went in finally. Thanks to the antibiotics I was feeling well enough (and knew I wasn't contagious) so could hand out candy to the neighborhood kids at least. Anyways Saturday night Jordon made a pumpkin pie and some soup for poor sick me and we watched an old horror film called "them" on netflix and a bunch of Treehouse of Horrors episodes. We were supposed to watch movies with Kristin and go to some Halloween Parties, but was too sick. Sunday I was really bummed because we missed Lana's shower form the Boer side and would have been one of the last times I got to spend time in my Grandma & Grandpa's house- where I have so many memories growing up. They are selling it and have to be out by Dec 1. :0 ( ANyways... we got Nieva into her princess costume after my drs appt and took some cute pics of her. Then watched Monsters Inc with her and gave candy to trick-or-treaters. I am thinking Nieva will be more excited for Halloween next year haha.

-A <3


Dear Nieva,

You looked so adorable in your little princess costume today. Daddy and I just couldn't stop smiling. We may have to dress you up again sometime to show the grandparents how stinking cute you were for Halloween today. We are very excited to bring you around in upcoming years. You are getting so big! You are in the 75th percentile for weight and 95th percentile for height. We think you are going to be tall like you Daddy. You smile whenever anyone talks to you in a sweet voice for awhile. You love to be held and cuddle. You are sneaky when we try to put you asleep. You always have one eye you try to keep half open... like you are trying to make sure we haven't left yet. If we leave before you are sleeping you know and you let us know you know haha. Daddy had fun with you this weekend since he has been working so much lately. I wanted to put you in your swing last night to sleep last night but he just wanted to hold you. We both love you lots and lots and lots.

Love,
Mommy






No comments:

Post a Comment