Friday, November 26, 2010

November 2010

Where do the weeks fly? Here it is the day after Thanksgiving and I haven't written since Halloween. This month has been busy in various ways. Photography picked up again with a rush before Christmas and I did a wedding last weekend. Ava has been so much fun aside from her dreaded sleep schedule (Typically around 5am-12pm ish...) Her smiles keep me going through that. She gets more playful by the day and looks at everything so carefully. She is enthralled by the moving pictures on television, her eyes study the pictures as I read to her, and her new favorite is help standing up. She can stand for several minutes at a time and absolutely loves it. Her new favorite toy (....FIRST favorite toy? haha) is an alligator that has scrunchy material in it that makes noises and lights up. It also has rings and other things attached to it she can play in. She also loves her little toy station that helps her stand that my grandma and grandpa had found her on a rummage. She wears herself standing until her legs give out. All this at only 3 months old!! She may be walking soon!?! We had some concern about her getting a little rashy and congested a lot this past month because we have 3 cats, but the doctor said babies don't have allergies to cats develop until they are much older so he thought she may have an aversion to something in my milk. He recommended cutting out all dairy products...... Okay... you have no idea how much of a problem this becomes for me. I practically live off of cereal, oatmeal, coco wheat and cheesy products like pizza and macaroni (Yes I am aware this isn't the healthiest diet). This news came the day before Thanksgiving luckily so I will have many other options over the following few days, but I am hoping this helps. I don't have much else to share of great interest that I can think of right now, but if any other hi-lights pop up I will be sure to add them in. I will also try to add a few pictures from this past month soon

-A <3


Dear Ava,

You are such an alert and curious little girl. You already seem to love learning so much. You don't seem like a baby to me, but a little person that cannot wait to communicate. I have slowly been teaching you sign language because I am so eager for us to be able to understand each other more. You are such a happy baby the majority of the time. You make everyone around you light up and are so easy to love. Daddy has been continuing on with his quest for you to learn Spanish. He still speaks to you only in Spanish and reads Spanish stories to you. He also plays cartoons in Spanish for you while you doze off in your swing. He is excited for you to attend Rosa Parks and hopefully be a part of their elementary Spanish program. In other news, I have been hearing more and more lately that people think you look like your Mommy. This has been fun for me because until recently everyone has said you look like your Daddy. Your hair is still red as of now though so we are all curious to see if it will change or keep the shade it has been since you were born. Only time will tell. Daddy and I love you so much!!

-Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment