Monday, October 3, 2011

Grand Opening

This past year has been a whirlwind. Life is funny sometimes. How you work so hard for something all the time, but maybe aren't sure why.... This life seems like a game. A game in which you can only succeed at anything by missing out on what is really important- by hiding who you are- and by going against things golden and true. Sometimes I wish life was a fairy tale. You could run away into the country or the mountains and forget about the stress and expectations and buzzing of our electronic bureaucracy. I'd like to think sometime somewhere there was a society where people really put in their days work and then everyone spent the evening together interacting and being close with family and friends instead of watching a tv a computer monitor or having to stress about business or bills. I love what I do, but building a business is hard. Its hard to see my baby girl shipped off day after day without any choice and to still only be scraping by as I build everything up. Just had my Grand Opening. Thankful for the support of so many, but praying for strength as these next few years will be hard as I manage and build. A part of me still longs for grad school, but I don't want to leave all my family and friends. Thanks to everyone for your encouragement, support, and many hours of helping out on the studio or babysitting. I couldn't have done without you. So excited about being at this place in this journey, yet so much more excited for what is to come. Praying it will all be worth this hard work.

-Amanda



Dear Boo-Boo,

I love you so much. On hard days your smile lights my world. I am so excited for busy season to slow down so we can spend this winter doing play dates, visiting family, and having fun more often. Thank you for being so full of energy and happiness. Your constant joy is beyond my comprehension. I pray you never change.

Love, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment