Thursday, June 3, 2010

Hypnobirthing and Baby Shower Invites week 28/29










So we had our first Hypnobirthing class last night. It is a method for birthing that is supposed to allow the mother to be in such a deep mode of relaxation that she doesn't experience pain in the same way. It involves training the mind to be accepting of contractions (they call them surges or waves), and to help think of them as natural and calm rather than painful and harsh. We watched a few videos of women giving birth who had been trained with this method. They looked shockingly calm. Our midwife told us everyone she has helped with birth who has done this program has been very happy with it. I tend to be anxious to begin with so anything that will help me be calm sounds great. We got a cd and book to help us and we have 3 more 2.5 hour classes. The whole package including discs and training for only 35$..... very reasonable!! Our midwife's clinic offers it as a service to help pregnant mothers. Jordon came with to the first class and he thought it also seemed really interesting. As part of the first class we did a few hypnosis techniques to understand the principles of the program and it was pretty cool what the mind is capable of doing. I am hoping to try the first disc tonight.

I am excited that we have a baby shower this Sunday. Its our first one and I had a lot of fun making Baby Shower invites during down time. I designed them completely from scratch in photoshop and then printed them on a color laser printer and put them together with a bright colored flower brad. I am hoping to get a few other things made by this weekend (some ornament type things for people to write Parenting advice on or "last words" for the mom and dad to-be haha. Also thinking about making a banner with some fun ribbon and a decorative piece with a glass vase , stones, and sticks :0 )

I went to Kansas City this past weekend too to visit Kristin and found a gorgeous black and white maternity special occassion dress to wear for my shower and some other events this summer. Also found a couple cute flowy overshirts (navy blue one in my prego pic is one of them) and a gorgeous smoky tie-dye sundress/skirt. I was super excited about finding some stuff to wear for summer. Its so hard to find maternity clothes around Sioux Falls. Especially that fit with my style.

Here are some pictures!


-A <3






Dear Ava,

You have just been rolling around like crazy lately. Daddy is always in awe how much you make my tummy move. I have a feeling you are going to be quite the little go-getter. It may be as soon as 8 weeks now or as many as 12. I am hoping to get your nursery in order soon. I've also been coming up with lots of ideas for pictures to take of you :0 ) You are going to have some serious paparazzi as a baby haha. Daddy and I cannot wait to meet you.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment